The Head of Finance Shared Service Center will be responsible for leading and managing the operations of the shared services in Egypt. You will partner with global process owners throughout the rest of Finance to meet existing deliverables and continuously improve processes through design simplification, innovation, and automation.
It is expected that the role will need to be very engaged in the operational activities of the business to ensure the smooth and accurate financial well-being of the businesses.
Share Service Scope:
ArabyAds have decided to establish a Finance Shared Center in Egypt. The Unit has clearly defined objectives, and procedures and will service several markets across the MENA Region. The initial areas that the Shared Services will be responsible for are: Accounting and reporting, Purchase Ledger and AP Function, Billings, AR and Credit Control, Treasury, Taxes, Payroll, Statutory Reporting, Compliance, Inter-company, and Fixed Assets Accounting. Note that Budgeting, Planning, Financing and Commercial Finance are specifically outside the Scope of the Shared Service.
Your deliverables as Head of Finance Shared Services Center will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the performance of the shared service center.
- Proactively manage and monitor overall SSC performance to drive accuracy and timeliness of all deliverables
- Define and agree SLAs with key stakeholders, including KPIs, and manage performance
- Build a culture of continuous improvement that ensures process flows and standard operating procedures are both kept current and reviewed by all staff and stakeholders, and constantly enhanced and improved
- Establish regular communication with stakeholders to share successes and solicit challenges or concern
- Building a strong team within the SSC, including talent development, and hiring
- As a part of the extended finance leadership team, you will contribute to the continuous finance transformation
- Seek opportunities to deliver new activities from the SSC.
- Effectively manages risk within SSC by collaborating with process owners.
- Maintain strong controls ensuring all group policies and statutory requirements are complied with by the SSC team. Elevate the relevancy and timeliness of the control environment
- Ensure SSC processes are well defined with set KPIS, with sound controls.
- Stive to Automate and generate Cost Efficiencies, explore new technologies and applications to stream line work flows.
- Establishes and oversees the key metrics to ensure organization is operating efficiently.
- Overview of all management and financial reporting deliverables per set calendar, prior to submitting regional results, including analysis prepared by the team. Keep the CFO updated on all matters of significance – key aspect ‘no surprises’.
- Sign off on all consolidated financial reports and ensure integrity of the balance sheet in all areas
- Review and coordinate executive level summary of performance and key issues for monthly, forecast and budget result.
- Assist the CFO with the completion of forecasts needs for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Year-end audit liaison and statutory accounts preparation
- Take full Ownership of Working Capital, key KPIs to improve WC.
- Ensure AP Team meet sets SLA and KPIs.
- Ensure AR Team meet sets SLA and KPIs, including credit control.
- Develop and report regular cash flow forecast to CFO in coordination with Treasury.
- Governance and Compliance with laws, regulations across Markets.
- Ensure internal controls design and operating effectiveness across SSC processes.
- Responsibility for all Direct and Indirect Taxes, manage relationship with all Tax advisors, ensure accuracy of tax reporting.
- Ensure employee pay, compensations and benefits are accounted for.
- Authorization of key purchases, and other costs in accordance with the company policy.
- Ability to identify and solve accounting issues and knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience in managing staff.
- Experience with consolidation
- Ability to command respect and provide leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with industry a distinct advantage, but not essential.
- An outgoing, tenacious (non-aggressive) personality.
- Working Knowledge of IFRS
- Six-sigma certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to identify and solve accounting issues.
- Deep understanding of accounting principles and their application